UC Davis Camelid Symposium
UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
January 16-17, 2016
Sponsored by: Calpaca
Hosted by: UC Davis Camelid Medicine Club
Back by popular demand this year: Dr. Chris Cebra, Dr. Pat Long, and Dr. Michelle Kutzler. We will also have several outstanding speakers from UC Davis and the surrounding areas. We are still finalizing a couple of speakers/topics and lining up group rates for hotels. Updates will be announced on this page as they occur.
The UC Davis Camelid Symposium returns for our 11th year with the same format that has become very popular with attendees. We offer three concurrent Tracks. You may "track hop", i.e. attend sessions in different Tracks.
Basic Track - New camelid owners; Vets, Vet Techs, UCD staff, residents and students interested in basic knowledge about camelids.
Advanced Track - Experienced camelid owners; Vets,Vet Techs, UCD staff, residents and students with basic camelid knowldge.
Veterinarian Track - Vets, Vet Techs, UCD staff, residents and students with camelid experience. Owners may attend but may not ask questions in Vet Track.
Additional features of this Symposium:
- CE Credits are available for Vets and Vet Techs. (We'll indicate the number of credits when the UCD CE office has made that decision. It is usually 12-14 credits.)
- All attendees receive the printed handouts from all three tracks, both days. That handouts are whatever the speakers provide to us. We do our best to get handouts from all speakers. If you are attending only 1 day you will still receive all handouts for both days.
- You are invited to join us Saturday evening at the Meet 'n Greet from 5pm to 7pm. This is a chance to enjoy good food, wine and beverages while you socialize with owners, veterinarians and speakers.
- Registration fee includes continental breakfast, a buffet lunch, and snacks during the breaks.
- Webinar: We offer a live webinar of the Veterinarian Track during the Symposium. Fee: $145. You will receive login information and also a link to download the proceedings. Online registration available.
Discount Deadline: Dec. 18, 2015
Deadline for Refund Request: Jan. 8, 2016
Refund Policy: Refund requests must be in writing. Send to: CamelidSymposium@aol.com. No refunds after Jan. 8, 2016. All expenses are incurred by 2 weeks prior to the Symposium.
Camelid Owners: Whether you are in your first year or your 30th year, our 3 Tracks offer something for everyone.
Veterinarians and Vet Techs: This Symposium qualifies for CE credits and our Veterinarian Track is geared to experienced camelid veterinarians.
UC DAVIS vet school faculty, staff and students: The camelid community is pleased to be working with the vet school faculty and students to create this symposium each year. We are also happy to bring this level of camelid education to the faculty, residents, staff and students of the Vet School and VMTH.
* * * CHECK OUT THE SPEAKER/TOPIC ARCHIVE FOR EXAMPLES OF SYMPOSIUM CONTENT * * *